Connect with us

News Headline

Italian man tests positive for coronavirus in Rajasthan’s Jaipur

An Italian national has been kept under observation at the Jaipur’s SMS Hospital after he tested positive for Covid-19 caused by a new strain of coronavirus. The initial tests conducted in Jaipur showed that the man was infected with coronavirus but the samples of the patient were then sent to Pune for cross verification and…

Published

82 views

on

An Italian national has been kept under observation at the Jaipur’s SMS Hospital after he tested positive for Covid-19 caused by a new strain of coronavirus. The initial tests conducted in Jaipur showed that the man was infected with coronavirus but the samples of the patient were then sent to Pune for cross verification and it was reconfirmed by more tests than the man was indeed infected with the coronavirus. 

It is learnt that the man had first gone to a private hospital and he was then referred to SMS Hospital on Saturday. Notably, the hospital authorities are yet to make any official statement in this regard. Sources told Zee Media that the infected patient was in touch with some other patients too. He was kept in a normal ICU before the doctors decided to shift him to an isolation ward.

“A passenger landed in Jaipur from Italy on Feb 29. He was admitted to the isolation ward at a hospital after he showed symptoms of COVID-19 in the screening. He had tested negative. However, he tested positive in second testing,” said Rajasthan Health Minister Raghu Sharma.

Earlier on Monday (March 2), Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan confirmed two positive cases of coronavirus in India and said the government is actively monitoring the situation and screening of passengers is being done at 21 airports, 12 seaports and 65 minor seaports. 

Dr Harsh Vardhan confirmed that one positive case of coronavirus has been confirmed in Delhi and Telangana each. “The person who has tested positive in Delhi has travel history from Italy while the other person has travel history from Dubai. ‘Both the patients are stable and being closely monitored,”  a statement from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare stated.

Addressing a press conference, Dr Harsh Vardhan said that over 5 lakh passengers have been screened at airports while 12,431 passengers have been screened on minor and major seaports so far.

The Union Minister added that 23 samples have been sent for testing and the results are awaited. “We advise Indians to avoid non-essential travel to China, Iran, Korea, Singapore, and Italy. As the situation develops, the travel restrictions may be further extended to other countries also”, he added.

%%custom_my_meta_value%%

Continue Reading

BREAKING

Tamil Nadu govt issues new testing guidelines for all incoming travellers, amid spike in coronavirus COVID-19 cases

Published

229 views

on

By

Tamil Nadu govt issues new testing guidelines for all incoming travellers, amid spike in coronavirus COVID-19 cases thumbnail

In view of the rising coronavirus COVID-19 cases in Tamil Nadu, considering the risk of increased transmission given the high number of inter-state, inter-district travellers (based on government-issued E-passes) and ongoing repatriation of Indian nationals from foreign countries, the state government has issued a new set of guidelines for testing incoming travellers.

So far, nine persons who had landed in Chennai via Vande Bharat repatriation flights had tested positive for the coronavirus. While there is a sharp spike in cases over the last week, the state government has permitted a gradual return to normalcy. This has meant that private companies and most standalone shops are open in all non-containment zones of the state, as per stipulated timings and social distancing norms.

Persons from other countries: All persons to be tested on arrival and if tested positive the individual(s) would be admitted in a hospital. In case of a negative result, they will be kept in government-provided institutional quarantine/hotels (on a paid basis). A follow-up test would be taken after the initial 7-day quarantine, and if that result is also found negative the person/s can be sent for home quarantine for the next 14 days. 

Persons from other States/Union Territories: 

Tests will be conducted on all persons coming into Tamil Nadu from all states and Union territories. In case of a positive result, they would be admitted to hospitals. In case of a negative result, the passengers would have to be under government-provided institutional quarantine facility for 7 days (for persons coming from hotspot states such as Maharashtra, Gujarat, Delhi). After 7 days if they display no symptoms, they can be sent for home quarantine for 7 days, or they can continue in government quarantine if they do not have facilities at home to be under quarantine. 

Persons from non-hotspot states who test negative may be sent into a 14-day home quarantine or institutional quarantine (in case of facilities are not available at home).

Persons travelling between Tamil Nadu’s districts: Testing to be done only for those coming with symptoms, all individuals to undergo home quarantine for 14 days.

Exemptions: 


* Terminally ill patients, individuals requiring immediate medical attention in a hospital 


* Persons who are due to attend the funeral and ritual associated with the death of an immediate family member


* Pregnant women 


* Elderly persons over the age of 75 years and requiring assistance 

All the above categories claiming medical emergency will be subjected to check up by a medical team to confirm the emergency. Relaxation will not be given for any other category. Persons who seek an exemption in the above categories must submit full detail along with their representation in advance to concerned authorities. 

Continue Reading

BREAKING

Avalanche hits Indian Army post in north Sikkim, soldier missing

Published

32 views

on

By

Avalanche hits Indian Army post in north Sikkim, soldier missing thumbnail

Sikkim

  A soldier went missing after an Indian Army post was hit by an avalanche in North Sikkim on Thursday.

SIKKIM:  A soldier went missing after an Indian Army post was hit by an avalanche in North Sikkim on Thursday.

According to reports, am Army patrolling-cum-snow clearance party of 17-18 personnel was hit by snow slide in the Lugnak La area of Sikkim on Thursday.

Except for one soldier, all others trapped under snow had been rescued, the Army said.

“A patrolling-cum-snow clearance party, comprising 17-18 soldiers, came under snow slide. All recovered except one soldier. Intense search is in progress,” the army said.

In a similar incident earlier, Lance Naik Sanjeeva Reddy, who was operating a dozer in the snowbound high-altitude areas of Sikkim, was hit by an avalanche on April 11.

Continue Reading

BREAKING

Maharashtra government likely to extend lockdown till May 31 amid rising cases of coronavirus COVID-19 in state

Published

29 views

on

By

Maharashtra government likely to extend lockdown till May 31 amid rising cases of coronavirus COVID-19 in state thumbnail

In view of the increasing cases of coronavirus COVID-19 in Maharashtra, the state government has decided to extend the lockdown till May 31, said sources on Thursday. However, the government’s decision will be officially announced within a couple of days.

A two-day meeting of the ministers of Shiv Sena, NCP and Congress reviewed the situation arising out of the deadly virus in the state. Simultaneously, there was a discussion on extending the lockdown and bringing the economy back on track in a phased manner in the state.

According to sources, in the meeting, it was agreed to extend the lockdown. Also, it was decided to relax the areas which are not in the containment zones, but the areas which are in the red zones will not be given any exemption. 

Extending the lockdown doesn’t harm the state’s economy, so business establishments and industry businesses may be given a conditional exemption to start their operations in areas where coronavirus has little impact.

It is worth noting that the first lockdown in Maharashtra began on March 25, just like the entire country. The second lockdown began on April 14. The third lockdown began on May 3, ending on May 17. After this, the fourth phase in Maharashtra can be from May 18-31.

Significantly, Maharashtra is the most coronavirus infected state in the country. On May 13, the number of coronavirus positive patients in Maharashtra increased to 25,922. By evening, the death toll from coronavirus in Maharashtra had risen to 975. As far as Mumbai is concerned, by the number of coronavirus positive patients stands at 15,747. At the same time, a total of 596 people have lost their lives from coronavirus in Mumbai.

Continue Reading

Trending