Connect with us

Entertainment

Sasu Ripatti Announces New Album, Shares New Song: Listen

Spread the love

Sasu Ripatti, the Finnish producer known for his work as Vladislav Delay, has announced a new album titled Fun Is Not a Straight Line. The LP arrives June 25 via Planet Mu. Today, Ripatti has released lead single “speedmemories,” which you can listen to below. Scroll down for Fun Is Not a Straight Line’s album…

Published

on

Spread the love

Sasu Ripatti, the Finnish producer known for his work as Vladislav Delay, has announced a new album titled Fun Is Not a Straight Line. The LP arrives June 25 via Planet Mu. Today, Ripatti has released lead single “speedmemories,” which you can listen to below. Scroll down for Fun Is Not a Straight Line’s album art and tracklist.

According to press materials, Ripatti turned to the rhythmic structures of rap and bass music for inspiration on his new album. “I bought Nas’ Illmatic when it came out in ’94 and have more or less been listening to rap since,” he said. “I’m not really sure why now, but that rap influence wanted to come through.”

Later this month, on April 16, Ripatti willl release the new Vladislav Delay album Rakka II. Read Pitchfork’s “Where to Start with Vladislav Delay, Finland’s Shape-Shifting Ambient-Techno Auteur.”

All products featured on Pitchfork are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ripatti: Fun Is Not a Straight Line

Fun Is Not a Straight Line:

01 filthyfresh

02 monolith

03 motherfuckyou

04 speedmemories

05 flowers

06 everyday

07 90 dreams

08 wants interlude

09 videophonekitty

10 movathat

11 girl is hip

Read More

Entertainment

Netflix Chief Talks Password Sharing

Spread the love

Netflix CEO Reed Hastings has promised that any crackdown on illicit password-sharing the streaming giant decides to launch across its global footprint won’t be done in an aggressive manner. Hastings comments come in the wake of news last month that Netflix, which has historically looked the other way on password sharing, was testing a feature…

Published

on

By

Spread the love

Netflix CEO Reed Hastings has promised that any crackdown on illicit password-sharing the streaming giant decides to launch across its global footprint won’t be done in an aggressive manner.

Hastings comments come in the wake of news last month that Netflix, which has historically looked the other way on password sharing, was testing a feature “designed to help ensure that people using Netflix accounts are authorized to do so.”

The news was met with a lot of questions and concerns about how it would all work. Hastings, speaking during his company’s first-quarter earnings interview Tuesday, says they won’t be taking too hard of a line stance on misuse of its service:

“We’ll test many things, but we would never roll out something that feels like ‘turning the screws’…. It’s gotta feel like it makes sense to consumers, that they understand.”

Netflix has not yet taken broad steps to shut down password-sharing activity, aside from the restrictions in its terms of service prohibiting shared credentials.

COO and chief product officer Greg Peters says the password test will be conducted “iteratively” and the results will inform how Netflix proceeds.

The comments come as Netflix fell short of expected streaming subscriber gains in the year’s first quarter – adding about 4 million compared with its previous 6 million forecast.

Recent surveys indicate around 1 in 4 U.S. Netflix subscribers share passwords with another household which technically violates Netflix’s terms of service.

Source: Variety

Read More

Continue Reading

Entertainment

MMA Fighter Fallon Fox Gets A Biopic

Spread the love

Mark Gordon Pictures has announced plans to produce a feature about Fallon Fox, the first openly transgender mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter. Upon first entering the MMA cage, Fox hid her transgender identity when competing professionally. As she rose in the MMA ranks, Fox received a call from a journalist threatening to reveal her transgender…

Published

on

By

Spread the love

Mark Gordon Pictures has announced plans to produce a feature about Fallon Fox, the first openly transgender mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter.

Upon first entering the MMA cage, Fox hid her transgender identity when competing professionally. As she rose in the MMA ranks, Fox received a call from a journalist threatening to reveal her transgender identity to the world.

Instead, she chose to announce she is a transgender woman in an Outsports and Sports Illustrated article in 2013. She then faced an onslaught of transphobic abuse from the media and the MMA league along with igniting debate over whether a woman who was male at birth should be able to fight in women’s MMA divisions.

T Cooper and Allison Glock-Cooper will pen the script and Fox will serve as a consultant on the film which Gordon, John Papsidera and Bonnie-Chance Roberts will produce.

The project announcement comes as 34 U.S. states consider legislation that would ban transgender girls from playing on girls’ interscholastic sports teams.

Source: THR

Read More

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Trailer: “The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It”

Spread the love

Warner Bros. Pictures has released the first trailer for “The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It,” the third main entry in the overall ‘Conjuring’ universe (and eighth overall). Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga return as paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren in the film and their fight for the soul of a young boy…

Published

on

By

Spread the love

Warner Bros. Pictures has released the first trailer for “The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It,” the third main entry in the overall ‘Conjuring’ universe (and eighth overall).

Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga return as paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren in the film and their fight for the soul of a young boy takes them beyond anything they’d ever seen before.

The case marked the first time in U.S. history that a murder suspect would claim demonic possession as a defense. Ruairi O’Connor, Sarah Catherine Hook, and Julian Hilliard co-star in the film which has been dubbed the biggest and darkest entry in the franchise to date.

Micahel Chaves (“The Curse of La Llorona”) helms from a screenplay by David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick and story by James Wan & David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick.

“The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It” opens both in cinemas and on HBO Max on June 4th. It has been rated R for “terror, violence and some disturbing images”.

Read More

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News Trending