The coronavirus pandemic has taken a toll over the world and the number of positive COVID-19 cases continues to be on a rise in India. So far, more than 4,000 people have lost their lives due to the novel coronavirus in the country. While many states and cities have emerged to be the hotspot of the coronavirus outbreak, many zones have also been de-contained. In the wake of the pandemic, India TV will interact with several district magistrates and police commissioners deployed across the country.
— India TV (@indiatvnews) May 26, 2020
India TV’s day-long event ‘Zila Sammelan’ will be presenting a ground report on COVID-19 from a total number of 100 districts, which have been identified as hotspots or containment zones.
On the event, India TV will bring you the district magistrates, police commissioners and officers on the frontline, trying to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Watch India TV’s day-long event ‘Zila Sammelan’ from 10 am onwards.
Year after son’s death, family demands Rs 100 cr compensation, claims youth was on boat fired at by Italian marine
Kochi: The family of a man who died by suicide has claimed that he was on a fishing boat that came under fire from Italian marines eight years ago when he was 14 years old and has appealed to the Centre to get Rs 100 crore compensation from Italy.
After witnessing the firing by the marines from oil tanker “Enrica Lexie”, which killed two fishermen on 15 February, 2012 off the Kerala coast, Prijin A was terrified and had sustained some minor injuries, the family claimed in its 6 July plea addressed to the Union Cabinet Secretary.
They said Prijin became very disturbed and subsequently fell into depression and eventually ended his life in July last year. According to the family, hailing from Kanjampuram in Kanyakumari district of Tamil Nadu, Prijin was a victim of the Enrica Lexie incident.
The eight-member family, comprising Prijin’s 59-year old mother and sisters, appealed to the Centre to take steps to obtain compensation “for the violation done against him” from Italy under the terms of the findings of an Arbitral Tribunal constituted under the UN Convention on The Law of The Sea.
Prijin was “not provided the protection entitlements of being a child aged 14 years as per International child rights law and Indian Constitution by the Republic of India and Republic of Italy,” the family said in their petition to the Secretary, submitted through an advocate engaged by them.
He was engaged as a crew member on board the fishing vessel “St Antony” by its owner Fredy so as to help other fishermen and also for cooking. After the incident, he was rushed to the shore in another Indian fishing boat, the family said.
On reaching the Kerala coast, Prijin, as directed by the boat owner, went to his house. Thereafter he seemed very disturbed without having proper sleep and used to hurriedly wake up and also shout while asleep.
Fredy had visited Prijin several times and assured that necessary measures were being taken for getting justice for him, the family claimed. There was neither medical assistance nor psychological counselling to the child, who had witnessed “cold-blooded murder” of Ajeesh Pink, (also his friend and neighbour) and another fisherman, Jelastine.
The move by the family has come nearly a week after the Hague-headquartered Permanent Court of Arbitration Tribunal upheld the conduct of the Indian authorities in the Enrica Lexie case, in which the marines were accused of killing two Indian fishermen.
While stating that India was entitled to get compensation in the case, the tribunal had held that the marines cannot be prosecuted due to the official immunity enjoyed by them.
The counsel for the family said the compensation amount claimed by his clients is “by keeping liberty to approach appropriate forum (domestic and international) for the gross violation of natural justice and international human rights law done against Prijin,” and the family’s “is reasonably calculated as Rs 100 crore.”
Hong Kong Virologist, who fled to US, accuses China of covering-up COVID-19 spread
A Hong Kong-based virologist has claimed that China knew about the deadly novel coronavirus well before it claimed it did. In an interview to US-based Fox News published on Friday, Dr Li-Meng Yan, who has specialised in virology and immunology at Hong Kong School of Public Health, claimed Chinese authorities knew about the deadly virus in December last year, but hushed it up.
Money Heist: A full-fledged SBI Branch in Tamil Nadu’s Cuddalore turns out to be fake
A fake State Bank of India (SBI) branch has been exposed and busted in Tamil Nadu’s Cuddalore district. The fake branch had reportedly been operating for about three months before their deception was finally unmasked.
Sex and Relationships24 hours ago33 views
Pasteurising breast milk may inactivate novel coronavirus. Here’s how
National5 hours ago25 views
In post-COVID world, rethinking livelihoods and laws necessary to help informal sector cope with new norm
National23 hours ago18 views
Haryana Board Class 10 result 2020 toppers: Hisar girl Rishita tops 10th board exam with 500 marks; 64.59% students pass
National3 hours ago16 views
Delhi Police arrests Dawood Ibrahim`s aide Anwar Thakur with Rs 22 lakh pistol
National19 hours ago16 views
Rajnath Singh holds talks with US counterpart Esper, discusses defence cooperation
Entertainment22 hours ago15 views
Case filed against Mahesh Bhatt, Alia Bhatt for Sadak 2 poster
National16 hours ago14 views
Vikas Dubey did wrong, deserved this fate, says wife Richa Dubey at funeral
Sex and Relationships5 hours ago13 views
Praying away the gay: Instagram bans ‘conversion therapy’ content as opposition…